Crystal Space is game library with focus on 3D games. It is licensed under LGPL and useable on many platforms with C++. It has most of the features a state-of-the-art 3D engine must have (lightmapped and stencil based lighting, shader support, mirrors, alpha transparency, 3D sprites, particle systems, halos, volumetric fog, scripting, OpenGL, skeletal animation using CAL3D, font support and physics using ODE).
It can optionally use OpenGL, SDL , X11 or SVGALIB and also (optionally) use assembler routines using NASM and MMX. There is an add-on library called CEL that makes a lot of tasks within it easier and will hide the internals of the engine from the programmer, or let them access the internals if they choose.
|sound effects and music||X|
- UNIX (including GNU/Linux)
- Windows NT and 9x based systems
- MacOS X
Tutorials and Source
On the Wiki
No unaccompanied source files yet!
- Official Crystal Space Coding Tutorials
- Official Crystal Space Content Tutorials
- RoboRun (Tutorial Game Project using Crystal Space)
- Sun Shadow Games CS Tutorial
- Using Blender and GtkRadiant with Crystal Space
Games Using Crystal Space
- PlaneShift (Open Source MMORPG)
- Once (Open Source MMORPG)
- Bonez Adventure (upcoming RPG/Action game)
- Tunnel Fighter (Open Source Shoot'em Up)
- Quidditch 3D
- Crystal Core (Tech Demo for Crystal Space + CEL)