Below is a list of famous and not-so-famous people who are or have been at one time in the industry, ordered by last name.
- Blezinski, Cliff - The person behind the Unreal series.
- Braben, David - Co-developer of Elite.
- Bushnell, Nolan, a founding father of the video games industry.
- Carmack, John, an American game programmer, and the co-founder of id Software. He was the lead programmer of the id computer games Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, and subsequent sequels.
- Case, Stevie "Killcreek", one of the first well-known female gamers.
- Clark, Ryan
- Crawford, Chris
- Carr, Michael A
- Garriott, Richard - Creator of the Ultima Series and Ultima Online
- Gose, Stephen - Creator of Adventurers of Renown Gaming System on PBMCube.com
- Iwata, Satoru - President of Nintendo.
- Jarvis, Eugene, notable for Defender and Robotron: 2084.
- Johnson, Soren - Lead designer for Civillization 3 and 4.
- Kondo, Koji - The Man behind the most famous Nintendo music scores, in games like Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda.
- Kojima, Hideo - Writer,Producer,Director and Designer of the Metal Gear Solid series.
- Meier, Sid - the designer of the well known game"Civilization".
- Miyamoto, Shigeru - in a high position in Nintendo.
- Molyneux, Peter - Founder of Lionhead Studios, also worked at BullFrog. He developed on games like "Fable", "Black & White" and classical titles like "Theme Park" and "Dungeon Keeper".
- McGee, American - game developer and consultant.
- Morhaime, Michael - co-founder and president of Blizzard Entertainment.
- Naka, Yuji
- Newell, Gabe - co-founder of Valve, which create(d) the Half-Life series.
- Nomora, Tetsuya, character designer, working for Square Enix. He designed the characters for several games in Final Fantasy series and he has directed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts game series.
- Papert, Seymour, creator of the Logo programming language.
- Persson, Markus - Mojang Founder most famous for making Minecraft.
- Porser, Jakob - Mojang employee and is currently developing Scrolls
- Sakaguchi, Hironobu - Creator of Final Fantasy.
- Shelley, Bruce
- Silverman, Ken - creator of Duke Nukem 3D's Build engine.
- Spector, Warren from Ion Storm, and the person behind the Deus Ex series
- Stroustrup, Bjarne - Creator of the C++ language.
- Suzuki, Yu
- Sweeney, Tim - developer of Epic Megagames.
- Taylor, Chris, game designer. Known for the Total Annihilation, Dungeon Siege, and Supreme Commander series.
- Uematsu, Nobuo, composer. Most known of Final Fantasy series soundtrack.
- Wright, Will - Designer of The Sims and Sim City
- Yoav Zibin (email@example.com) - CTO of Come2Play
- Eric ZMIRO - Founder & Owner of Magic Pockets (www.magicpockets.com)