Postmortem literally means, "after death," and in the world of game development refers to the act of analyzing a game's development after completion. Postmortems provide insight into the world of game development, and often provide the reader with helpful tips on what to do, and what not to do when developing a game.
- Blob Shepherd
- Outlines the making of a simple little dexterity game (in C++).
- Unga Bunga
- Postmortem for a caveman themed deathmatch game, from Fusion Apple Entertainment.
- Gamasutra's Postmortems Page - Registration may be required
- Gamasutra Postmortem Guidelines - Good guide to the common format with examples.
- GameDev.net's Postmortems Page
- Democracy - Postmortem for a complex political simulation game, from Positech Games
- Devastro - Postmortem for a 2D action shooting game, from Catnap Games
- The Complete History of Lemmings - by DMA's Mike Dailly
- Cannon Fodder 2: The Untold Story - by Sensible Software's Stuart Campbell
- Eternal Lands' MMORPG Postmortem - by Radu Privantu (2004)
- How we Built an iOS game on PC - by Thomas Henshell