Talk:Game Programming Wiki
Your RSS in Planet Wiki
Hey, just wanted to say that your RSS feed is now included in Planet Wiki! Congratulations! If you have more RSS feeds or if you have any maximum-hits policy please contact the Planet Wiki admin. - Anonymous user.
- Cool! Thanks for adding us :) Ryan Clark 18:42, 25 Jul 2005 (EDT)
weee..! one year! :P
--Almar Joling 04:21, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
Is it possible that those icons on the home page be stored on the GPWiki server? It might speed the page load up! --The Hunter 15:23, 12 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Thanks for pointing that out! We actually used the locally store versions of the icons, but in somebody has probably overwitten the paths by accident. I've changed the paths to those of the locally store icons :) Sion 18:18, 12 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Sweet! --The Hunter 00:50, 13 Aug 2005 (EDT)
Category names: plural instead of singular
Category pages are special pages which not only have the funcionality of "simple" article pages but they can also display a group of articles which are linked to it. Because of their nature, it is only logical that the categories' names should be in the plural form instead of singular.
There are a lot of categories which have names in singular (see Category:Library, for example) and this isn't the best naming scheme to follow. I believe that this naming scheme should be enforced.
What are your thoughts on this subject? --Mecanismo 10:53, 27 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- You've got my support, thanks for improving the GPWiki! Sion 17:03, 27 Aug 2005 (EDT)
shouldn't it be Industry People?
Restructuring of the main page?
I think it might be time to review the links and categories we have on the front page. It seems that many of the links are to pages that haven't really changed since the beginning of GPWiki, and don't allow people to get an overview of the website and quick access to the most used pages. I think that the "Game Programming" category outweighs all the others greatly in terms of what the wiki is used for. It wouldn't change the way I use the wiki if all categories exept "Game Programming" was removed from the main page. I'm not at all suggesting that we do that, I'm just saying that it might be time to take a good hard look at the wiki as a whole, what's being using, what important to have on the front page, and what actually is on the front page. Something to consider. --Sion 18:11, 13 February 2006 (EST)
- I'm fine with a restructuring, but I would still like to have a fair amount of links available from the main page. I think of it as the one-stop shop for all of the wiki's content. You should hopefully be able to find anything you're looking for within 2 or 3 clicks of the main page. Ryan Clark 20:59, 13 February 2006 (EST)
Is it still on registered posting only? I can't tell.
--Almar Joling 03:50, 17 February 2006 (EST)
- Yes. I'll change it back in a bit. Ryan Clark 11:43, 17 February 2006 (EST)
- Has it been changed back yet? I don't see any fairy edits on the RC page.--Snoolas 14:56, 9 March 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, I'll switch it back now and see how it goes. Ryan Clark 15:02, 9 March 2006 (EST)
Given the rate vandals (or maybe I must say vandal) are changing pages, I think anonymous posting should be bloqued for a while. After all, registering is free.
- If it happens again, I'll block anonymous posting for a few weeks. I'd rather not do it though, as we do often get helpful edits from anonymous users. --Ryan Clark 13:32, 5 April 2006 (EDT)
New category on the main page
I would like to se some new topics on the main page, like games and fysics, game and artificial intelligence, and game and algorithms, maybe a little more like that. What about a new category, "Soul of game programming", "The soul of games", "game coding" or something like that? Or have I missed some other relevant category on the main page? Hey, this is a neccesary part in a game programming wiki! Don't count it out!
Where would the educational use of game programming fit? Languages such as Klik&Play, Gamemaker , Stagecast are being used in schools. Needs a main page category? see www.freewebs.com/schoolgamemaker for an idea of what I mean. Drop me a line there if its what you want on your Wiki, I'll come back and do you a page.
- That's definitely an important topic. I'll respond on your user discussion page. --Ryan Clark 18:57, 7 July 2006 (EDT)
Where does this fit?
I'd like to link to our project, learning patterns for the design and deployment of mathematical games. I think it should interest members of this community. But Not sure where would be the right place.
- Hello Yish; welcome to GPWiki! Your project looks very interesting, but I agree, there doesn't seem to be any fitting place to link it from the wiki... the best I can suggest is the bottom of this page. What do you think? --Ryan Clark 21:01, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- It do not look like it's about patterns per se, so I don't think it belongs with design patterns. If I've understood correctly, it about developing techniques (patterns) that can be used to teach math through games. I'm not exactly sure where it fits though... --Sion 12:57, 5 June 2006 (EDT)