On the Wiki
Geometry Modeling Kernel
Most of BRL-CAD's power is in its extensive geometry modeling kernel, which is comprised of several notably including: libbu (basic utility), libbn (numerics), librt (ray-trace and geometry library).
- Developing custom ray-trace applications and supported standards
- Simple ray-trace source code example
- Creating geometry with a shell script
- Creating geometry with a Perl script
- Simple procedural geometry source code example
- More complex example for creating a "sphere flake"
- Example of creating a window procedurally
- ttcp-style network file transfer example source code using libpkg
- slightly more complex example, transfers BRL-CAD geometry over network using libpkg and librt
Extensive documentation has been written for BRL-CAD, in particular for the GUI-based geometry modeler MGED. The overview and tutorials are designed to get modelers up to speed on how to use the various modeling tools in BRL-CAD.