Name: Doug Sheets (in game aliases: -The Raven- (no longer used), Decian Falx, Hugh Jass, Upon the Shoulders of Giants)
Location: Southwest Ohio
Occupation: unemployed, looking for job (email me for resume)
Contact information: email@example.com, AIM "Decian Falx"
Rate me on HotOrNot
Been programming with OpenGL off and on since high school, B.S. in Computer Science from Miami University ('04) (www.muohio.edu) slashdot user id sheetsda. John Carmack is my hero. Currently looking for a steady job (programming and graphics if I can get it, email me for a resume). In high school was part of the programming team on what has become a very popular Half-Life mod (but I left before it got popular, doh!)
- All things 3D graphics and OpenGL
- All forms of programming as it relates to games
- Mod programming
- Many other computer science topics (algorithms, automata, networks, security, etc...)
== Contributions == (minor edits excluded)
- Using 3-dimensional textures Nov 9, 2004
- Setting up an OpenGL project in Visual Studio .NET Nov 19, 2004
- Loading .3ds files Nov 26, 2004
- GLInfo - a little tool I hacked together to retrieve and save info on the local OpenGL implementation (video card vendor, video card name, OpenGL version, and supported OpenGL extensions) to a file called "OpenGL Environment info.txt"
Favorite Computer Languages
Books I like
- OpenGL Programming Guide (link is to the fourth edition, though I only have the second but I'm going to assume its even better.)
Favorite TV shows
- Everything on Adult Swim
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?