Boy, you sure are fast when it comes to nailing the wiki spam! Your vigilance is appreciated, Codehead :)
Ryan Clark 14:21, 2 Dec 2004 (EST)
It's because I'm the kind of sad muppet who swings by the wiki every hour or so. :) Codehead 16:18, 2 Dec 2004 (EST)
RecentChanges junkies, unite! Wade 17:23, 2 Dec 2004 (CST)
LOL, There should be some sort of rehab for ppl like us! Codehead 18:46, 2 Dec 2004 (EST)
Yeah, I check the recent changes page compulsively, too... especially now that people have their own journals going on. Journals make for an interesting read! Ryan Clark 19:11, 2 Dec 2004 (EST)
Great start to the OpenGL section, Codehead! If I had more time I'd work on the UNIX version of the framework... perhaps I'll get to it in a few months, if no one beats me to it :) Ryan Clark 10:34, 27 Mar 2005 (EST)
Thanks!, I've been meaning to do some OpenGL stuff for the wiki for ages, the problems of the initial setup across different platforms was bothering me. Hopefully, this method will mean that we can have separate setups for each platform and independant code for the tutorials. I may add a GLFW one, that should cover most people. Codehead 19:25, 27 Mar 2005 (EST)
- That would certainly be the ideal way to do things. Not just a pretty face, this Codehead! And a penguin tamer, to boot! ;) Ryan Clark 19:54, 27 Mar 2005 (EST)
- You're really uploading like gangbusters, Codehead. If you keep it up, I may have to learn OpenGL someday!--Snoolas 10:03, 28 Mar 2005 (EST)
- I'm on a roll, Texture mapping should be ready by tonight! It's back to work tomorrow though. That should put the brakes on a little. Codehead 13:25, 28 Mar 2005 (EST)
- At this rate, you're going to put NeHe out of business.--Snoolas 09:48, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
- He he, Slowing down a little now. Wrote the code for light sourcing and fog at lunchtime today though. Codehead 10:10, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
- Well, even if you slow down, you've already earned yourself the "Coder of the Month" award, in my books :) Nice work, Codey! Ryan Clark 10:35, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
- Thanks, I'm just happy to be contributing again. I've been lurking in the forums too long and neglecting the Wikimonster. Codehead 14:15, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
(stopping the indentation thing before we run off the right side of the screen entirely) Dude, great opengl stuff! I hadn't checked the recent changes for a while so I was delighted to find these. I hope you don't mind me meddling with them 8) I might do a GLFW/cross-platform version of your source code this weekend.
I do think your coding style is a little crummy though - I'm not sure if putting whole non-inline functions in headers is something you want to learn the people who read this. I'm a bit of a neurotic when it comes to coding style, maybe I'll mail you an 'organized' version of the framework this weekend (if I have time), and you can decide whether you prefer that.
Thanks for the feedback! Meddle away, that's what Wikis are for. If you could do the GLFW/X Platform version that'd be cool. I've been thinking about doing it, but I kept coming up with ideas for plugins instead.
RE coding style. Hey, it compiles, therefore it's fine by me! :p No, I know what you mean, it's a bad habit I've picked up from working with VC. Precompiled headers cause me all sorts of grief so I just chuck everything in a .h file. It keeps the compiler quiet. :)
Codehead 17:40, 1 Apr 2005 (EST)
Your Google Search
Hello, please excuse me but I admiring your Google Search in the left side bar. I am just getting started with a site at wiki.noblood.org. Would you be so kind as to share the code snippet you used to add Google there with the option also to local search?
Could you perhaps email it to firstname.lastname@example.org?
- OK, I took care of it. It should be in your mailbox. -Snoolas, not logged in.
Rule. :) Thanks for helping out, it's nice to see it going good .:) --GMan 14:23, 19 January 2007 (EST)
Tutorial on moving camera
I've just stumbled on your work on opengl tutorials and I have to say that they are absolutely great. Is it possible to contribute anything related to a camera class and how to move through a opengl scene? Mecanismo 03:03, 17 November 2009 (EST)
It's nothing, really. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of resources on the web covering the so called autotools, and that tends to push some people to believe that they are unusable. Probably that myth is dispelled once a good source of information is provided on this issue, and there isn't a better way to achieve that than a wiki. Mecanismo 17:08, 28 December 2010 (GMT)
I have something to ask: How you get youre forum ID?
PCFreak20 07:27, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
Articles/Users count test (For mainpage)
Here is something to maybe place on the main page, so everyone can see how many pages/users we've got!
We have 1,043 articles.
- You sig-failed too! lol
- BTW, the problem is, that we've got much users that did nothing... (But that makes more!)
- PCFreak20 14:54, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
Have you already made a youtube extension?: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo
PCFreak20 15:26, 2 February 2012 (UTC)